Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 30, 2015



Another great week I learned so much about how i need to rely on the spirit while teaching lessons. We taught a lesson to our teacher without our notes and that lesson was really good. It came out mostly in English but we used the Korean words that we knew so it was good. We also taught a TRC lesson and the spirit was strong even though we couldn't understand very well we taught to her needs. I was able to share the D&C 121:7-8 about how ow our trials are only for a short time and that really touched her. so that was awesome! on Sunday i had to teach relief society. that was good as well i was really nervous because the presidents wife was in there too so i wanted to make sure it was good. haha Also on Sunday Sister Fiso was called to talk in sacrament meeting! that was funny she called herself baptism! but she did a really good job! There was also a Sunday devotional with Via SIkahema (a sports anchor). That was really good he talked a lot about how missionary work can be used even after or mission. I learned so much from him. 
   I love being here and learning more about the gospel. I learn new things everyday! We were given the chance to think of a question and were asked to study to Book of Mormon to find our answers. that was awesome! I loved it. I was able to find the answers i was looking for! 
  we also got to host the new sisters yesterday! That was so fun! But also sad because i remembered when I was in their position. The Sister that I hosted was from Logan and as i was talking to them her dad asked what my name was so told him Thornley and he asked like Todd Thornley? I told him that he was my uncle. So yeah that was cool! I think the last name was WIlcox. 
   we had another devotional on Tuesday from Donald L. Hallstrom of the 70 and that was amazing. he talked a lot about how we need to be converted before we start asking other people to be converted. it was an amazing talk i learned so much. We also got some new missionaries that are from Korea this week! YAY there is 4 elders and only 1 sister. I absolutely Love her!! she is so sweet! I just wish that i could speak more Korean so that i could actually talk to her. Her English isn't very good and my Korean isn't very good so our conversations are very short and broken but she is amazing! She has am amazing love for the gospel and a strong desire to serve! The Elders are great too! So because of my calling I had to be there when we did an orientation with them and told about the MTC and everything that we do here and we had to do it in Korean!!! I was supposed to introduce myself in Korean and normally i would have been able to but under the pressure it came out mostly in English and i just had to hope that they understood what i was saying! oh and at the end i had to say the closing prayer! that was scary. It was a very short prayer! but I think i said everything right! hopefully this language will come with time and study! 
     I have learned so much this week and I still love my companions they are great! I am also to grateful for my teachers and for the way that they are able to see what we need and are able to give us inspiration when we need it! I am still doing good and loving being here! I hope everything is good there at home! Have a wonderful week! 
     -Sister Thornley 

No comments:

Post a Comment