Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 14, 2015

Hello everyone! This week was busy monday morning we helped the sisters with getting their bags down so that they could head to Korea!! THey were so much fun and it felt so different on monday and tuesday without them! But also on monday because  im the zone STL i got to pick up a new international sister that is from the netherlands!!! She had to come to class with me. SHe probably was a little overwhelmed because we were talking in Korean and she couldnt understand us. I felt bad. but that was fun. Yesterday we also go to host the new missionaries! that is do much fun!!!! There was a sister that I hosted that was from Castle dale so i asked it she knew Justing and Tisha and she did she had a class from Justin. Her name was sister Wolsey or something like that I think she was going to Sweden. so that was fun! What a small world. being the STL is a lot of work there is a lot of stuff that i have to do especially with the new missionaries but i love it! 
   I loved being able to call home on sunday that was so awesome to talks to most of you. Everyone sounds like they are doing good!
   I learned so much this week. We had some awesome devotionals that i learned so much from. I also have learned a lot in Korea. There is a lot of things that can be joined together so its hard to remember everything but it will come with work and time. I love being able to practice all the time. Its nice having the other group come in because then it shows me how much i really know in korean. haha :)  I love it! Oh and next week we get the korean missionaries hat will be here for 12 days and then they will fly to Korea with us!! Im so excited but also nervous at the same time! haha my companions will get to go to the SLC Temple next week so it will just be me and one other sister here for a day next week. They get to go because they are international. ITs awesome that they are given the chance to go because not very many people get that chance if they aren't from the US. 
   We are doing a lot better as companions and with our teaching I have really been able to learn the best ways to teach. I have really enjoyed being a part of this missionary program and being able to grow closer to Christ myself. I love being a missionary and studying the Gospel so much everyday. 
I would say something funny that happened this week but I cant think of anything!! haha Oh my teacher is great!! Yesterday he came into class and started to tell us a story about how when he woke up in the morning he just had Heavenly Father on his mind for most of the day and he was just feeling like he needed to do nice things for others so he went to the store and got all of us in our district a huge chocolate bar!!! so yeah that was awesome it was really good chocolate! 
  Thats all for this week! 

사랑합니다 (I Love you!) 

 Sister Thornley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment